Last Updated: August 29th, 2016
- Information We Collect About You.
- Account Information. We collect information that you provide to us directly such as your email address and login password when you register for a SWIRVE account. If you set up your account using Facebook, you are agreeing to provide us access to information pertaining to your Facebook account including but not limited to your public Facebook profile, email address and information about Facebook friends, and any public information you provide on other social media sites or applications that are linked to your Facebook account, such as Instagram.
- Profile Information that you provide for your SWIRVE profile such as your unique “Nickname”, birthday, gender, preferences for recommendations by us, such as the distance, age, range and gender, you are interested in viewing profiles of, and any other information you choose to include about yourself, including information you write in your bio, and the photographs and images you post in the Service.
- Other Content such as photos, comments, content of instant messaging communications if you use the feature to chat with other users, your account activity and history of your use on the site.
- Communications between you and SWIRVE. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails. Similarly, if you contact us, we will retain the content of that communication.
In general, we may collect information that can identify you and other information that does not identify you. We may collect this information through the Service. By using the Service, you are authorizing us to gather, parse and retain data related to the provision of the Service.
- Log File Information.
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or an app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device. When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
- We may also collect similar information from emails that we send to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- Device Identifiers:
- When you use a mobile device to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device.
- A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by SWIRVE.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with your Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of your Content was collected and how that Content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their Content by including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo), comments or other data. This makes your Content more searchable by others and more interactive. If you geotag your photo or tag your photo using other’s APIs then, your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo and searchable (e.g., through a location or map feature) if your photo is made public by you in accordance with your privacy settings.
- How We Collect Information About You.
- Analytics Tools. We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
- To deliver and improve our products and services, and manage our business;
- To manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- To perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our or other’s products, services, or content;
- To communicate with you about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
- To develop, display, and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Service and other sites, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other sites;
- To perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- How We Share Your Information.
- With Other Users. By registering with SWIRVE, your profile information will be viewable by other Users of the Service. Other Users will be able to view information you have provided on your profile, including your Nickname and any pictures and text that you post to your profile.
- Service Providers. We may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- Third Party Advertisers. We may share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- Other Parties. We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information. We may also disclose your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy. In such instance, every effort will be made by us to ensure that your personal information is disclosed only to those parties or entities that have a legal right and who are bound by obligations of confidentiality and nondisclosure with respect to such information.
- Legal Authorities. We may be compelled to provide your information in response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; we may also do so where we wish to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us:
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing;
- To protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our Users, our employees, or others;
- To comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement;
- Deleting Your Account. In order to permanently delete your account from our servers, you must send a deletion request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Choices in How Your Information is Used and Collected.
- If you have a SWIRVE profile, you have the ability to review and update your personal information within the Service by accessing the “Settings” page. More information about how to contact us is provided below. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Service because such information may be required in order for you to register as a User; purchase products or services, or initiate other transactions.
- Our Service may also deliver notifications to your mobile device. You can disable these notifications by deleting the relevant Service or by changing the settings on your mobile device.
- You can also control information collected by cookies. You can delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. Click “help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.
- How We Protect Your Personal Information. We take security measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, chats, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid posting personal information such as their full name on their profiles or sending personal information through the Service.
- Children’s Privacy. Although our Service is a general audience Service, we do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
- How To Contact Us